A limited number of scholarships are available the 2017-2018 school year from funds donated by members of the Purdue Class of 1937 in support of current students. The purpose of the scholarship is to recognize leadership experience and leadership potential. Criteria for determining recipients include: leadership, character, scholarship and financial need.
To be Eligible for a Purdue Class of 1937 Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled at the Purdue University West Lafayette campus;
- Be registered for 12 or more credit hours;
- Classified as a sophomore, junior, or senior during the 2016-2017 academic school year;
- Have a cumulative grade index of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Be in good academic and social standing with the University;
- Show evidence of leadership ability and leadership potential;
- Be a domestic student as defined by the University;
- Describe financial need for the scholarship*
*(This does not mean an applicant must qualify for financial assistance through Purdue’s Division of Financial Aid to be considered for the award)
The application can be accessed at either https://www.purdue.edu/advocacy/students/other/scholarships.html or https://boilerlink.purdue.edu/
Deadline for completion of the application and submission of the two letters of recommendation is 5:00pm March 24, 2017
The letters of recommendation can be mailed to: Leadership and Professional Development Initiative, 1198 Third Street, Krach Leadership Center, Room 336, West Lafayette, IN 47907, ATTN: Class of 1937 Scholarship
Or, through campus mail to: LPDI/Class of 1937 Scholarship/ KRACH